Saturday, November 5, 2011

Paleo Sloppy Joes

My sloppy joes don't have sugar added and I don't use a bun, but trust me you won't be missing anything!! This dinner is so fast and easy! I made mine in under 15 minutes from start to finish

What you need:
Olive oil
Ground beef (I use 85% lean)
1 yelow onion
1 can of diced tomatoes
2 tbs of tomato paste
a few dashes of worcestershire sauce
Chili powder
Garlic powder
Coriander
Oregano 
Cumin
Salt and pepper
All-purpose seasoning (something like Mrs. Dash)


What to do:
Start by browning the meat in a pan on med-high heat
add in spices (I typically do not precisely measure the spices, just to desired taste) along with worcestershire sauce 
When the meat is almost done cooking, add in the large diced onion, diced tomatoes and tomato paste 
Simmer for 5 min.


Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment