Monday, September 26, 2011

Grass Fed Beef Burgers

The difference between grass and grain fed beef is astonishing, grass fed has so much more flavor and it tastes "real" but you wont know that until you try it. Try grass fed meat, its amazing!
Since the meat is so good you don't have to add much to it.
Here is how I make my burgers, they are always moist and bursting with flavor. 

What you will need:
Grass fed ground beef (about 1 lb.)
1 egg
salt (a few pinches)  
pepper (a few grinds)
garlic powder (a few pinches)
your favorite all purpose seasoning with no salt or sugar added (something like Mrs. Dash)


Preheat the grill for med-high heat

With your hands, combine all ingredients in a bowl and
shape to desired patty size
Place them on the grill and cook for 5 min on each side or until the doneness you prefer

Now for the fun colorful part, the toppings. 


Tonight I topped my burger with tomato, red onion  and pesto
The topping possibilities are endless, how ever I must say that pesto on top of a burger is outstanding!
Check out my pesto recipe here


Let me know what you think about grass fed meat.
 Can you tell a difference between grass and grain fed?

If you have a hard time finding grass fed meats in your grocery store,
 I highly recommend US Wellness Meats 

Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment